Other recent Dynamics AX Blog postings

Donnerstag, Oktober 12, 2006

Semicolon in classes: another hint

This is kinda follow up to one of my previous posts where I showed a link to Max Belugin's conclusion about semicolons in classes. (Orig post here: http://axaptafreak.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_axaptafreak_archive.html)

Today I found another funny thing about it (well it's not really my idea of fun but whatever).
I added some lines in the Info class, method startupPost (it was in fact to automatically start Tabax, a great tool by Max Belugin). Now: it was working when I started the Axapta client locally on my PC (using a 3-tier client).
But: when I logged on to a terminal server and started the Axapta client there (also 3-tier, same application, same database, same everything), it DID NOT WORK !!?!?

It took me some time to find out what the error was: a missing semicolon after the variable declarations. I still can't imagine why on earth it was working locally on my PC and not on the terminal server (there were no errors or so, it just skipped the lines).

Keine Kommentare: