Here's a short guideline how to set-up your COM+ correctly:
- You have to be logged on to the PC as a Local Administrator. Create a service account under which the COM+ should be running, this account must be local administrator on the PC. Log on with that account.
- In Axapta Config Utility: an Axapta User must be entered (on General Tab). This user must of course have the necessary rights in Axapta.
- In Axapta Config Utility: if the User has a Password, the Password must be entered (on COM Tab).
- Now (and only now) the COM+ component may be registered --> Config Utility, Tab “Business Connector”, Button “Register”. Of course you have to use the "Register COM+" option and the right dll file.
- In the Control Panel/Administration/Component Services: go to the Axapta COM+ Component (should be located under “Component Services / Computer / Workstation / COM+ applications / Navision Axapta Business Connector”.Open up the properties for the Axapta COM Connector. Go to the Identity Tab.Here, by default, the option “Interactive User” is chosen.Change this to: This User. Enter the user id (+domain) and password of the user you have logged in the PC (which should be the same as in 1., so this must be the local administrator).